Founder and Chief Opportunity Officer
Mark Monchek is the Founder and Chief Opportunity Officer of Opportunity Lab, a strategy consulting firm focused on conscious growth.
Mark has worked with leaders from Google, Apple, JPMorgan Chase, General Electric, Goldman Sachs, Adorama, TerraCycle, Feltsberg, The New York Times, Wharton School of Business, New York University, Columbia University, NBC, Time Warner, and the United Nations. He’s the author of the Amazon nonfiction bestseller Culture of Opportunity: How to Grow Your Business in an Age of Disruption.
He’s been featured in Real Leaders, The Better Business Book, the Organization Development Review Journal, Lifetime Network, WPLJ, WCBS, Newsday, Working Women Magazine, and the San Francisco Chronicle.
Culture of Opportunity: How to Grow Your Business in an Age of Disruption
By Mark Monchek
Filled with case studies and insights from Mark Monchek’s 30+ years of consulting experience, Culture of Opportunity: How to Grow Your Business in an Age of Disruption offers a how-to guide for creating a Culture of Opportunity in your company. From assembling your Opportunity Team to defining your SuccessDNA, his step-by-step process helps conscious leaders foster resilient, dynamic teams and businesses that can thrive in any economy—shifting from a mindset of problems to opportunities, from “I” to “we,” and from competition to collaboration. This simple and practical toolkit has helped hundreds build great companies that generate a measurable impact on people, profits, and our planet.
- "Amazon Best-selling Author"
- Helped a consumer electronics retailer grow from $300 million to $750 million in revenue while diversifying their employee base by attracting and retaining women in leadership positions, people of color, and developing new and innovative business models.
- Took a private equity real estate fund from $200 million funds under management to $2 billion with diversity of leadership and a conscious business growth strategy.
- Helped an electrical supply company grow from $30 million to $80 million in revenue, and from 7 different entities into one integrated company with a conscious leadership approach.
- CoO book taught in Distinguished Careers Institute at Stanford University.
- CoO book taught in the Venture Lab, a keystone program of the Impact Entrepreneurship Initiative at The New School.
- The CoO book has been taught at New York University, Stanford University, University of Maryland, New School University, and Yeshiva University.
- Mark Monchek has been featured in Real Leaders, The Better Business Book, Organization Development Review, Lifetime Network, WPLJ, WCBS, Newsday, Working Women Magazine, and the San Francisco Chronicle.
Articles and Podcasts
PodcastMark Monchek, Chief Opportunity OfficerAdorama Podcast | 06/08/2020
Mark Monchek joins us to speak about virtual communications, how to optimize our moments with our coworkers, and how we should see times of disruption as opportunities for sustainable growth.
PodcastHow to Make Your Difference By Being A DisruptorConscious Millionaire Podcast | 09/06/2019
Mark tells entrepreneurs how they can create wealth and freedom by making a positive difference.
PodcastHow to Scale with a Culture of OpportunityCulture Eats Strategy | 12/11/2018
Mark discusses how developing a culture of opportunity can help make businesses become profitable.
PodcastA Culture of Collaboration and EmpowermentSmashing the Plateau | 06/13/2018
Mark discusses how collaboration and empowerment can evolve from opportunity, team building and adversity with host David Shriner-Cahn and guest Theresa Fette.
PodcastCulture of Opportunity With Mark MoncheckGrowth to Freedom | 05/18/2018
Mark discusses the CoO process and how to grow businesses in an age of disruption with host Dan Kuschell.
PodcastHow to Build a Culture of Collaboration and EmpowermentSmashing the Plateau | 04/11/2018
Mark discusses the challenges of creating a culture of collaboration and empowerment in a remote work environment with host David Shriner-Cahn and guest Nathan Hirsch.
ArticleWhat We Can Learn From ImmigrantsReal Leaders | 10/17/2017
Mark distills three conditions common among immigrants who have achieved great success.
ArticleSeeing Opportunity While Staying Sane in the Age of DisruptionReal Leaders | 10/16/2017
Mark discusses how businesses must understand that these disruptions are opportunities in disguise.
PodcastThe Culture of OpportunityThe Conscious Consultant Hour | 10/10/2017
Mark discusses the Culture of Opportunity book and how it came to be.
PodcastHow To Make It In The Age Of DisruptionSmashing the Plateau | 05/15/2017
Mark breaks down the three steps to operating in the age of disruption, explores working against counterintuitive assumptions, and talks about creating a safe space for your team to speak up and challenge the status quo.